Tuesday 19 January 2010

Graphic Arts: Clothing to Shoes

In the previous semester I was working on clothing. I first began with selecting clothes and objects that seem to fascinate me. The images that were chosen were from image websites such as istockphotos.com and getty images. With the images that were chosen I enlarged them into A3 and created monoprints.

Here are a few that I have done:









































































The monoprints seemed to be empty so I used coloured inks to fill the clothing in. I soon moved on to shoes because I felt that it would be an interesting source to look at and maybe finding out about it's history would be awesome. So I went into the library and browsed around to find some books on shoes. Once they werefound I looked throughout most of the pages and selected the shoes that I found exciting, next I photocopied each shoe and made more monoprints.



















 









I next chose to created colograph boards, these were made by cutting the card into the correct shoe size and glued the images on. I then stuck the card shoes on
to a rectangular card, and repeated the same procedure three times. In th
e end I had four colograph card with shoes on top.

I filled each colograph card with a range of material such as sawdust and tissue paper and covered the  board with shellac. Once it was left to dry over night it was then ready to be used to print. With the use of fabriano paper and printing inks, I created four colograph prints.
Here are all of them:



























































The prints describes frozen objects trapped with a large block of ice and colourful lights are shown to make the objects interesting. 


















 




No comments: