Wednesday 17 July 2013

Sketches from Hampton Court Palace Flower Show 2013

Once again, I worked at Hampton Court Palace Flower Show. From Monday the 8th to the 13th July. Although I was meant to begin work on a Tuesday, I came on a Monday for training as well as the Gala night. It was pretty cool and I actually quite enjoyed it.

On the 8th I did a a few sketches, the first one was of a maple tree. While me and my supervisor was waiting for the ticket staff, I leaned back on this tree.The moment I stood by up, I realized that the back of my work shirt was sticky. When I checked to see where it came from, I realized that it smelt like maple syrup. I didn't bother tasting it though. ^_^;:

























Here is another page of sketches that I did on Tuesday, I yearned to do another tree after doing the first one the day before but it didn't seem to work out. As a result of this I randomly drew objects that were place in the crew room. As well as one of the marquee tents in the show. There are a couple of faces seen here. The one one the top right and the bottom left were work colleagues. The person in the middle was a visitor of the show:
























Two to three days before as well as my last day at work, I made more sketches. I made about five pages of sketches of people's head. I randomly did some of the stewards of whom I was taking care of at Long Water Gate, But unfortunately, I managed to lose it. As a result of this I created some sketches of random members of the public:






The drawing on the right of a woman with her eyes closes was an emotional response to a problem that was caused at work. On the national rain train back to London Waterloo, I felt quite sad. So I chose to draw what my feelings expressed on that ride. The difficult part of the drawing was the hair because it was very time consuming. As I left the train and got on the bus 76 home, I continued on this part of the drawing never really bothering who was on my left or right. When I reached the end of my journey the picture was still incomplete. So I continued on my way to work the next day. This was a Friday. Looking back on the drawing now I realized how a lot of strong emotion the picture conveyed. There might be a possibility that I might make a story out of what had happened.... I might! ^_^


















Lastly, this is a response to the woman with her eyes closed on the top. I'm quite pleased with the result and it's also because I was really happy, when I was drawing this. At first I yearned to create the same woman smiling and happy, image came to mind. But then I realized that it would be a lot more interesting if I can express it in a different form. Although it's a happy response, I felt that it could be a little bit similar as the previous one.:























There are more sketches things that made to follow up so stay tuned! Please leave a comment and thanks for reading!  \ (^0^) /

No comments: