Friday 6 February 2015

Fan Art Friday: The Powerpuff Girls by Craig McCracken

Happy February and Happy Fan Art Friday. Today I will be showing only one fan art today. This fan art was made using watercolour paints and a mechanical pen with 0.9 red lead.

Today's fan art is about a cartoon network programme called The Powepuff Girls by Craig McCracken. This programme came around during the years of my preteens and around the time it was on TV it was part of a segment called 'Cartoon Cartoon'. The show is about three girls called Buttercup, Blossom and Bubbles who were created using a children's nursery rhyme called 'What are little girls made of'. The person who made these girls were called 'Professor'. I don't think I can remember him having a name. After adding the ingredients into the mixture he accidentally adds one more ingredient. This is called "Chemical X".  The mixture then explodes and then the girls are then created. It's still one of the programmes that I can still remember that made me laugh and also dance. There was also a narrator who was absolutely hilarious. He would always made me laugh. Each cartoon were incredibly short, I assume around 15 minutes, but it was still incredibly awesome. I still kept watching the series even in my teens. I also adored the ending theme song. There was one episode that I can remember that had a song that had the phrase 'A signal in the sky'. The song was pretty awesome and it was a similar to music from the sixties. The episode that had this song involved a new neighbour that was going to live next to where the girls lived.

The drawing that I have made uses the colours that the girls wear and also a green background with spirals.



There will be more fan art next week. Thank you for visting and please write a comment.

No comments: