Friday 7 February 2014

Fan Art Friday: Popeye the Sailor by E.C Segar, Count Duckula by Cosgrove Hall, Dangermouse by Brian Cosgrove and Mark Hall and Felix the Cat by Otto Messmer and Pat Sullivan

Happy Fan Art Friday Everyone! I hope you're all having or had a great Friday wherever you are. Today I'll be showing four fan arts. All of these were pencils sketches then colour was added on Photoshop.

The first one for today is Popeye and Olive by E.C Segar. This is another childhood cartoon that I watched and I absolutely adored it. He's amazingly cool and I loved that when he was stuck in a dark situation he would have his can of Spinach. He has a love interest which was Olive. She's pretty awesome too. The cartoons were amazingly funny and it certainly put a smile of my face. Earlier this year, I read the comic and it just as hilarious as the cartoon. I'm really impressed with this drawing that I've done and since they are love hearts present in this drawing, I thought I'd create something linking to  Valentine's Day:



















The next fan art is of Count Duckula by Cosgrove Hall. It's another cartoon that I watch during the 90's and it was amazingly funny too. Count was in fact a duck that never drank blood, but loved food. He had a butler called Igor and a maid called Nanny. There were great moments where Nanny would say quotes like 'Ducky-Boos'. There was another quote that I quite adored, which made me laugh from time to time. I won't reveal what it is. If you ever get the chance to what it is you'll probably know what it is.  There have been an array of characters that appear and were really cool. There was even an narrator who was really really scary....well it was scary for me back in when I was kid. The narrator wasn't quite scary at the beginning as he introduced the story by towards the end he creates an evil laughter that shook me to the core, it even gave me nightmares. Over time I got over it:

























The third fan art is of Felix the Cat by Pat Sullivan and Otto Messmer. It was another cartoon that I watched as a child back then I had huge fascination about cats, I still do today. I thought I'd draw him reading. From watching this cartoon, I really wanted a black cat.... I never did get one. Aw, well. LOL:

























The fourth and final fan art for today, is of Dangermouse by Brian Cosgrove and Mark Hall . I didn't watch this until I was 14. But it was really awesome. It's a parody of a mouse who is a British Spy. He has a sidekick called Penfold. He's quite cool. The theme song was cool and it's something that stuck it my head for ages:


























As it is Valentine's day next week, I will be approaching a different view of fan art. I can't say what it is. I really don't want to spoil it. Thanks for visiting my blog and please leave a comment.

No comments: