Friday 10 April 2015

Fan Art Friday: Jiro and Nahoko from The Wind Rises directed by Hayao Miyazaki

Happy Fan Art Friday everyone! Today's drawing will be about Jiro and Nahoko from the Studio Ghibli movie 'The Wind Rises'. It was directed by Hayao Miyazaki. This was the final movie that Miyazaki created. He then retired from making animation.

I was quite saddened by the news that this was the last movie. So I made an extra effort to buy my copy of this movie. I first watched this movie in Japanese first and for the first in a long while, I can understand some of what the the characters are saying. I felt quite happy about this because I have been studying for quite a while now. A week later I decided to watch the English dub and I was very very VERY impressive. Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Emily Blunt played these characters really well. Above all I found the movie to be really good and also great insight to the making of aeroplanes. 

Also the movie was at a pivotal point in time. It was during the the 1920's onwards.

When this movie was out in the cinemas in the UK, the art book of the movie was released. I managed find it in my local library and read only halfway. This was mainly because it revealed a lot of spoilers for me since I didn't watch the movie. Also there was a lot of the information about how the movie began as well as the background storyline. I was was quite intrigued by this as I was able to find out a lot more.

For this drawing, I made the main characters in watercolour paints and made some blue spirals in a green background.



There will be more fan art next week. Thanks for visiting and please write a comment.


No comments: