Friday 16 January 2015

Fan Art Friday: Chunky Rice and his mouse friend from Goodbye ChunkyRice by Craig Thompson and Puar from Dragonball and Dragonball Z by Akira Toriyama

Happy Fan Art Friday everyone. Today, I'll be showing you two fan arts. Both of these drawing were created using Photoshop.

The first fan art is of a tortoise called Chunky Rice and his mouse friend from the graphic novel Goodbye Chunky Rice.  I loaned this graphic novel from my local library and had some free time to have a read this week to read it. Chunky Rice and his mouse friend got to the beach and share a great moment together. Sadly it was their last meeting. He embarks on adventure. I was quite intrigued by the story and it made me a bit sad. Despite this there was a final quote at the end and that made me happy. I really adored how the story was conveyed through each illustration, I felt drawn to the story. I created this drawing where they would both be sitting down under the stars by the having a conversation.



The second and final fan art for today is of Yamacha's side kick Puar from the series Dragonball and Dragonball Z. She is a shapeshifter cat and was first seen in Dragonball. She is incredibly funny especially when she is fighting with Oolong. She is seen in Dragonball Z within the episodes watching Yamcha battling the super saiyans Vegeta and Nappa. I thought that it would be great to draw her. When I was drawing her it reminded me of the days when I recorded Dragonball. I felt that the purple background suited her very well.  Towards the end of last year I successfully finished reading the entire Dragonball series and it was really awesome. I will be reading the Dragonball Z series very soon and I am very very excited. Here's the drawing:




There will be more fan art next week. Thank you visiting and please write a comment.



No comments: