Friday 9 January 2015

Fan Art Friday: The Pink Panther by Friz Freleng, Blake Edwards & Hawley Pratt

Happy Fan Art Friday Everyone. There will be one fan art that I will be showing you for today. This drawing was a red pencil sketch. Next I used watercolours and black pen for the outline.

This fan art is of the cartoon character The Pink Panther. This character was created by three people. They are Friz Freleng, Blake Edwards & Hawley Pratt. I am very familiar with the cartoon series which appeared back in the 60's and also in the 90's. I knew of the cartoon series from the 60's because it appeared in the 90's and the early noughties. 

Both series were really good and what was also pretty cool. In the earlier episodes the pink panther never talked but in the 90's version he did and I thought that was awesome. There were also new characters introduced in the 90's as well as the other known characters the ant and the aardvark and Inspector Jacques Clouseau. The theme songs were pretty good too. The older series had an immense sense that it was part of the past and the 90's cartoons version was a remake of the original theme by Henry Mancini. It's probably the theme song that I never had forgotten and what I can associate with this character.  

I have drawn the Pink Panther winter clothes because I yearned to make a huge sense of the season which is currently present. As of yet it hasn't snowed yet but it is cold chilly and windy. :D :


There will be more fan art next week, thank you for visiting and please write a comment. Have a great weekend.



No comments: