Wednesday 1 October 2014

Manga Jiman 2014 (Part 2): Violinist Amethyst

Happy October Everyone! I hope you'll all have a brilliant month. Today I'll be posting some sketches of the second Manga Jiman Entry that I'll be working on after the first one.

This story will be about a twelve year old boy called Amethyst, who has a keen interest in playing the violin. The reason as to why I decided to make a comic about a violinist is because at the age of twelve I began playing the violin. I played for much of the school year but stopped when I reached year 11. The reason....well the violin that I used to play did not belong to me but it belonged to the school. Do miss playing this instrument. I felt that I need to pay homage to this wonderful instrument as well as my old violin teachers Miss Hockridge and Anda. It's also dedicated to anyone who is playing an instrument to the best of their ability and having great enjoyment. There will be several reasons as to why he plays this instrument but the main reason will be revealed in the comic. Here are the sketches of Amethyst:












































In case, if you are wondering Amethyst has appeared in another story click here to see. He may look slightly different as to how he originally looked but I felt that it would be interesting to put him in comic form. Here are two other sketches of him playing the violin. The first drawing makes the character look a lot older. However the next drawing looks nice:





















































Another character that will be introduced will be his violin teacher. She is a huge help for him. Here are the first and final sketches of this character:






























Although I did say in my last post that I'll be entering both. I've now decided that when I've finished both entries I will pick either this one or the other to enter into the competition. Both of them are very significant as they represent the fact that I began being a steward and began playing the violin during this month several years ago.

There will be Fan Art Friday this Friday. Please look forward to it.

No comments: