Friday 19 July 2013

Fan Art Friday: Tenchi: Sasami, Ryo-ohki & Ken-ohki, Murphy's Law: Rai & Mary & Nurarihyon no Mago (^_~)

Hello Everyone! Once again it's a friday and it's time to show some fan art! Hooray! (^_^) So to start off I thought I'd show some more Tenchi drawing that I did last week and this week. The first one is of one of the main characters called Sasami. She is the sister of the Jurai princess Ayaka. This was drawn in pencil and inked on the way to work. One the plus side, since I'm learning Japanese, I thought I'd write her name in hiragana:

























The next one is of two animal characters of the Tenchi Universe series, Ryo-Ohki and Ken-Ohki. I think these characters are really awesome and what's awesome about these two is that they can change into spaceships. Ryo-Ohki usually is with the space pirate Ryoko and Ken-Ohki is with the bounty Hunter Nagi. This was done in watercolour paints. (There will definatley more fan art of Tenchi series too.):

Drawn by Cherish York © Masaki Kajishima



















The next one is of the a manga that I read back in 2009, called Murphy's Law. It was written and drawn by the artist Faye Yong. It's all about the story about Mary and how she hope to be in a relationship with a rich guy. Rai comes into the story at some point but you'll have to read the manga to find out where. What I love about this manga is that there are a lot of surprises and a lot of humour, plus it's heavy on the romance. I drew this using Photoshop CS3, and made the characters wear historical clothes. Back then I was new into historical fiction and I made a habit of making characters that I've read, dress up in either Regency or Victorian clothes. Here's what I came up with.:


Drawn by Cherish York © Faye Yong

























Lastly, I yearned to create a fana art about Nurarihyon no Mago. The series came out when I was in the final stages of my university years. I managaed to watch half of the first series and one episode of series 2. It's quite an interesting series and I enjoyed it thoroughly. The series has my favourite anime actor Jun Fukuyama. He plays the lead role Nura in his human and yokai form. He's also the voice behind Kimihiro Watanuki in all of the anime series of XXXHolic. (Even the OVAS. ^_^) When I reconised his voice in this series I bagan to watch the series. When the time comes I will watch the rest of the series as well as do more fan art. I'll also try and find the manga too. ^_^ :

Drawn by Cherish York © Hiroshi Shiibashi

























There will be more fan art next Friday.  Please leave a comment! Thanks for reading and visiting my blog!

2 comments:

Deb Marlowe said...

Lovely! I can't believe you are learning Japanese. My college roommate was half Japanese and she even had a hard time with it. Good luck!

cherishyork said...

Thanks for your comment Deb! I shall do my best and keep going!