Thursday 29 August 2013

Head Casts Sketches from the National Portrait Gallery (^_~)

Hello Everyone, I hope you are all having a great week so far. Today I thought I'd show you some Human Head Cast sketches that I drew at the National Portrait Gallery two Sundays ago. I've made it a habit of mine that every time whenever I finish church, I would visit this gallery to do sketches of some of the portraits, that I find quite appealing. Also whenever I sketch, I listen to Classic FM. I was inspired to draw head casts because while I was drawing portraits I noticed an art student who was drawing casts. I thought I'll give it a go as it has been a while since I have drawn casts.

I yearned to make a post of these casts as I didn't want to add it to the usual Daily Sketches that I do each month.

What you will see here are about thirteen sketches of human head casts, four of them are in blue ink and the rest of them are in blue. By the way these sketches are of people who are from the Stuarts, Georgian, Regency and Victorian periods. I decided to start with Queen Victoria at the beginning, because it was the first cast that I drew and it turn out to look really good. Also she is featured at the end:







































































































































































































This sketch here will be used for a future project that I'll be starting very soon. I love the look of this head cast a lot so I decided that I would take my time in drawing it. This one was successful out of all the sketches that I done. I will also try and draw this head cast again, in full view because it wasn't just the features that seemed to create a spark, but it was also the bottom part of the cast which made me decide to use  it for future projects.





















There will be some more head casts that I be sketching from this gallery. You'll get to see them hopefully during the month of September.

No comments: