Monday 7 October 2013

Three Year Anniversary in Job and Initial Sketches for Manga Jiman Competition 2013

Hello Everyone! Today marks three years since I have been working as an Event Steward. To celebrate I created this digital drawing. This sketch was created during the second to last week of September, then edited on Photoshop:

















Along side this drawing there was going to be a short silent story about one of the experiences that I had while in this job. But I couldn't do it since I have my Manga Jiman competition entry complete. So I felt that it would be better to show you the initial skteches for each of the characters that will be in the comic:

Here are the first initial sketches of the main character Laeticia:









* This is the chosen character design for the main protagonist Laeticia. Here are the facial expressions of this sketch:


The next main protagonist was the senior doctor Derek. This character I felt was very very difficult to do, the facial features were OK, but what I felt that was difficult was to find a suitable hairstyle for him. I did a couple while standing at the bus stop on the way home from church, the remainder of these sketches took place while I was at my lunch break at work and also during the train ride home. 

In total I made about twelve sketches, here it is:

From the sixth character design I created facial expression for each of them:

* The chosen character and facial design indicated here was at first going to be the chosen image. It was heavily influenced after I watched this cologne advertisement, while waiting for some music videos to appear. I was mesmerised on how this guy looked and  I felt he looked quite sleek. When I completing the sketches I decided to say 'No' because I felt the hairstyle was commonly used. I was left gutted decided to choose the last character design.

**After completing each character and facial expression, this chosen image which will be how Derek will be depicted I felt was the right one.

Only one character and facial expression design for one of the character Cain is shown here:


The final character for this Manga Jiman entry is the character SelenaMay:

*The initial sketch here is the chosen character for the manga. Here is the facial expressions:


I'm currently nearly finishing the comic in pencil. By the end of this week the pages will be inked and imported to photoshop for the next stages. 

No comments: