Friday 1 November 2013

Fan Art Friday: Miaka from Fushigi Yugi by Yuu Watase, Briony and Mercedes from Once Upon A Time by Sonia Leong and Lilly Beecham from Her Cinderella Season by Deb Marlowe

Happy November and Happy Fan Art Friday. Today I'll be showing three drawings. But don't worry these drawings are recent. These drawings are inked drawings. I hope you like them.


The first fan art is Miaka from the manga Fushigi Yugi. I read this back when I was 14. It was one of the first four manga that I read and I absolutley love it. I would have drawn my favourite character Nuriko, but that's a fan art for a different day. Miaka is I think probably one of the main female characters who goes through a lot. There are times where she she's frail and of course unable conquer some situation but there are times where she fights but does it in a way that's worth every moment. It has been a while since I read the manga but the plot will forever in my head. There was a certain point where I was all most moved to tears too. This is one manga that I'll most surely never forget because there was a huge depth of reality in this comic. It made me feel for a lot of the characters as well as her too. Plus this was set in a fantasy setting and Watase brings it to life in such a great way. I hope one day you get to read it. Maybe it may not be your cup of tea, but read it anyway. It was thanks to this manga that it sparked my immense interest in manga:


























The next fan art for today is of Briony and Mercedes from the manga Once Upon A Time by Sonia Leong. This manga was published by Sweatdrop Studios. It was another manga that I read back in my teens but this was when the series was released as issues. I remember going to the London Anime Club back in 2004. The club was held at Hog's Head and it was held every last Sunday of the month. I went there largely to make friends but I was incredibly shy. It was also where I found out about Sweatdrop. I saw a lot of stand alone comics and well as volumes. There was the rare occasion where some of them would come down to visit and mingle. I met Sonia Leong here too. She's one of the first UK manga artists that I've met and come to respect a lot. It was through Sweatdrop that I found out about other members and also added myself to the forums. Sonia and the other members are in fact great people and I've come to admire them over the years. I think my interest in manga sparked a whole lot more because back then I found out that there were UK comic artists who were making comics ^_^:


























The final fan art for today is Lilly Beecham from Her Cinderella Season by Deb Marlowe. I thought I'd draw her again because she gets to be with my favourite character Jack Alden. I thought I'd draw her from a side view which surprisingly looks very interesting. It'll be a while until another Regency novel but I felt it was the least that I can do to another fan art from this awesome novel:


























There will be more fan art next week. Once again thank you for visiting my blog and as always please leave a comment. (o^_^o)

No comments: